Keeping Your Family Safe with OneLink Smart Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector - Rachel Teodoro

Keeping Your Family Safe with OneLink Smart Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector

Thank you Onelink by First Alert for sponsoring this post. Add smart protection to your home with the Onelink Smart Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm.

It started with a beep. I heard it after I walked out of the bathroom that's attached to my bedroom. It came from the carbon monoxide detector that had been sitting quietly in the corner for years. I picked up the detector and rolled it around in my hands. I looked for any sign that there was a low battery that was making it emit the beep but couldn't find any. The carbon monoxide detector had done its job. I called my husband, packed up the kids and we left the house. 

Our home was a few years old when we bought it, and we went through a thorough home inspection. I can only imagine it wasn't the homes first and yet no professional had detected the leak that was happening in our garage when a strange set of circumstances were occurring all at once. Turns out the vent from the furnace wasn't properly sealed and carbon monoxide was being leaked and sucked into our home. The same home we thought was our safe space. 



Things might have ended differently had we not had a carbon monoxide detector to warn us of the dangers and I'll be forever grateful that we had one to keep our family safe. Today I'm sharing everything you need to know about carbon monoxide and how you can protect your family. And why our family home will never be without one!



Everything you Need to Know to Keep Your Family Safe from Carbon Monoxide



Carbon Monoxide detectors are an essential part of keeping your family safe in your home or apartment. The Onelink Smart Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm is easy to install and offers 2-in-1 protection against smoke and carbon monoxide. It's the one our family uses and the one I would recommend for your home.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer. It's an odorless, colorless gas. It's invisible, silent and deadly. Carbon monoxide is emitted from furnaces, car exhausts, even refrigerators. It's pretty likely that you have something in your home right now that could cause carbon monoxide pollution of some kind.

What are Carbon Monoxide Alarms?

Carbon monoxide alarms, also known as CO alarms function similarly to a smoke alarm. The Onelink Smart Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm, is in fact, both. If carbon monoxide levels are present in your home, the Onelink will notify you if something isn't right. You can set up a notification on your phone and you will receive a voice alert that let you know the type of danger {smoke or co} and the location. 

The Onelink is interconnected so compatible alarms will alert you of any danger. There is also a battery back-up for protection during power outages.

Where to Install a Carbon Monoxide Alarm?

If your home has multiple levels, ideally you would have a carbon monoxide detector on every level. 
We can be most vulnerable to the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning when we sleep, so make sure you have CO alarm close to your sleeping areas.
I like that the Onelink Smart Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm does double duty so I don't need to add another detector, but instead, the hard-wired version can be easily installed where you have an existing home smoke detector using the adaptor plug so there is no need to rewire your alarm.


We all know how important smoke detectors are, but I'm hoping you realize just how important a carbon monoxide detector is as well. The Onelink Smart Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm is an easy to install, two in one alarm that can help you protect your family from the threat of smoke and carbon monoxide. It's everything you need! 

Find out more

disclaimer: this post is brought to you by First Alert OneLink. All opinions are 100% my own. I wouldn't tell you about something I didn't love. Promise.

1 comment

Nikki Sanders said...

Looks solid. Been debating buying it lately. I think I'm sold now. :)

Back to Top